Thursday, July 28, 2016

Rio Jean Photography - Zillah, WA {Cultura Winery}

I've never been out to the wineries in Zillah, so needless to say, I was pretty excited about this trip.  One place I was really impressed with was Cultura Winery (http://www.culturawine.com/).  Both of the owners were working the tasting room and having them both there really added to my experience.  There's something about being able to meet the owners, talk with them about their story, and hear how passionate they are about their winery.  Another aspect I enjoyed about Cultura Winery was, the day I was there, they were donating tasting fees to the Yakima Pet Release, that makes me like this place even more!

Cultura Winery (meaning to cultivate culture) had its first vintage in 2005.  Cultura uses estate grapes as well as sourced grapes from Sunridge Vineyards to make their delicious wines.   The production is done on site and the winery produces about 1200 cases a year.  Tad, one of the owners, states they plan on staying a small production winery as they want to continue to remain a hands on winery.

This place was so cool and after several not so good experiences at other wineries that day, Cultura was haven of warmth and friendliness.  If you are looking for a winery that has a laid back atmosphere and friendly service provided by the owners, Cultura Winery is a must see.   










If you visit or try any of Cultura wines, leave me a comment to let me know how you liked it!
Cheers! 
Melanie



No comments:

Post a Comment