Monday, April 21, 2014

Rio Jean Photography - Prosser, WA {14 Hands Winery}

Mama Stortini’s did it to me! I never heard of 14 hands wine until I went to Mama Stortini’s at Kent Station about. . . maybe two years ago? I had two glasses of the 14 Hand’s Merlot at Mama Stortini’s and I have been a fan ever since! I. LOVE. 14. HANDS. WINES. There are few wines I LOVE and I am very happy 14 Hands Wines are on my list!



Of course, I HAD to visit their winery. We were driving home from the Tri-cities and I wanted to make an impromptu stop at 14 Hands Winery. To my surprise, 14 Hands is where Snoqualmie Winery’s tasting room use to be and apparently Snoqualmie moved to Columbia Crest, I will have to check them out sometime this year.






We stopped in at 14 Hands Winery, and they were doing their soft opening, their official opening was the Thursday of the coming week ( 4.10.2014). The service was excellent and the tasting room is gorgeous! Very rugged and rustic feeling, which is beautiful! Check out the light fixtures, the wood grain, and the furniture, all very well put together. The only thing I wish was different about this tasting room was that it was closer to the tri-cities and ..ok two things, that it had a small restaurant. This place is perfect for a date night, to cozy up to the fire with a glass of wine and a plate of something good to nom on.








I bought two of their reserve wines, those wines you can only buy in their tasting room at about $30 a bottle. One I gave to a friend of mine, and the other bottle I kept for myself and will store it in my “precious” wine room, aka under the stairs! Another thing I like about the winery, is their attention to detail. Look at the bag I brought home that contained my precious wine! Look at the little details. I tell you, it’s the little things that made my experience and will keep me a fan.






If you haven’t tried a 14 Hands wine, get to it! You won’t be sorry! I look forward to visiting their tasting room again in the future and doing a formal review!

Cheers!
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment