Thursday, November 6, 2014

Rio Jean Photography - Benton City, WA { Hightower Cellars}

I met with the owners of Hightower Cellars (http://www.hightowercellars.com/)  and out of all of the wineries I have reviewed so far I would have to say, the Hightower's are AWESOME!   Kelly and Tim seem to be super fun, laid back, and like a couple who just fit perfectly together.  Every year, Tim and Kelly invite their friends and family to help with the harvest and it sounds like they all have a wonderful time!  How cool is that?  And after a hard days work, the Hightowers are able to have a house full of laughter and good company,  truly a blessing!

Hightower Cellars was started in 1997 in Woodinville and relocated to Red Mountain Area in 2002.  In 1997, the very first wine that was released was a Cabernet Sauvignon, the winery harvested 4 tons of grapes, do you know how many cases of wine that makes?  240! 

Did you know that Hightower Cellars hand picks ALL of their grapes, and the only process that is done by a machine is the destemming and crushing?  I don't know if you know, but that's pretty amazing! Apparently, most of the wineries in Red Mountain still do most of the work by hand.  That really makes me appreciate these wines even more.

I have to say I was very intrigued by how the Hightowers decided on their brand.  Do ever wonder about how wineries come up with their brand (logo, labels, packaging etc)?  Branding is so important for a business, it is your promise to your customer. It tells them what they can expect from your products and services, and it differentiates your offering from your competitors'.

The Hightowers wanted their brand to say boutique, higher end, and modern. I love their labels, it was inspired by the 1920's Art Deco and glass designer Rene Lalique. Also the little curly design that is the center of the label was from the base of a lamp. Just goes to show you inspiration can be found anywhere, and it paid off as I really love everything about Hightower's brand.  And the bottle! You have got to get your hands on the bottle!  It is so sleek and very appropriate for Hightower Cellars. That right there, is the perfect branding package as every single detail was taken into consideration, down to the very bottle.

 I was looking through my old winery pictures, and I found these and Murray is in one of them, this is from 2007.


 

Ok,Ok, enough with the nostalgia and gushing!  I had a wonderful visit which helped to make short work of my review -  Easy breezy, short and simple!




Grounds/Facility
So Hightower has this GORGEOUS tasting room! I love the wall that is made of wood! When you are buying your bottle of wine, look at the picture behind the register! It's pretty epic as I think it matches the Hightower's personalities.  This winery is also the perfect place to grab some wine and enjoy it on the lanai over looking the vineyards.

Rating: 5




Service
It is always a 5 star rating when then the owner themselves take time out of their busy schedule to meet with me.  And, Riley has stepped up to take Murray's place (Riley, you have some BIG paw prints to fill!) and he is an excellent host, just be sure to open the door for him!


Food/Wine

I have always enjoyed Hightower wines, especially their Murray line!  I recommend the Out of Line and of course the Murray Syrah.  Those were my favorites, but as stated previously, all of their wines are yummy!

One item of food that was offered was bread that was made from the same yeast used in wines. I didn't have a chance to try it, but what a concept!

Rating: 5


Don't you love this place more now?  I know I do!  Now, go and grab yourself some Hightower wine! And if you are in the Red Mountain area, stop by and say hi!  

Cheers,
Melanie


No comments:

Post a Comment