Monday, September 22, 2014

Rio Jean Photography - Walla Walla, WA { Balboa Winery and Beresan Winery}

Another impromptu winery visit to Balboa Winery (http://www.balboawinery.com/winery/) and Beresan Winery (http://beresanwines.com/).

Two quaint wineries that are on the same property.  I will start with Balboa Winery. I'd have to say Balboa's tasting room wasn't my style but they still had delicious wines and I really enjoyed chatting it up with the tasting room staff. Good thing about smaller tasting rooms are that not many people can fit in there, so your experience is much more personal.  And who got some juicy details on some of the wineries in the area? THIS GIRL!  But I promised the tasting room staff I wouldn't share the details.   :)







Beresan Winery, opposite of Balboa in a lot of ways, enjoyed their wines (brought a Carmenere and a split of Cab), and the tasting room was super rustic, loved it.  There was also a touch of whimsical to this tasting room.

One of my favorite signs they had posted there:





However, the one downfall to visiting was the tasting room gal insulted me, not sure if she was trying to be funny, but still unprofessional and not cool. She stated I am not a real wine blogger because that was my first trip to Walla Walla and I was really lame. Ummm....ok? The rest of the time I was there was really awkward due to several more interesting comments.

That was my experience, you may have a totally different experience at this winery, so if you do find yourself there, stop in and check it out, let me know how the service was.

Happy wine tasting!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment